Other Aspects of Our Worldview
The members of the Devil’s Advocate Group have a rich body of work. Here is a sampling of written material that provides context about our context.
- Vincent P. Barabba and Gerald Zaltman, Hearing the Voice of the Market: Competitive Advantage Through Creative Use of Market Information (Harvard Business School Press, 1991).
- Vincent P. Barabba, Meeting of the Minds: Creating the Market-Based Enterprise (Harvard Business School Press, 1995)
- Vincent P. Barabba, Surviving Transformation: Lessons from GM’s Surprising Turnaround (Oxford University Press, 2004).
- Paul B. Carroll, Big Blues: The Unmaking of IBM (Crown, 1994).
- Paul B. Carroll and Chunka Mui, Billion-Dollar Lessons: What You Can Learn from the Most Inexcusable Business Failures of the Last 25 Years (Portfolio, 2008).
- Paul B. Carroll and Chunka Mui, “Seven Ways to Fail Big,” Harvard Business School Press, September 2008.
- Larry C. Downes and Chunka Mui, Unleashing the Killer App: Digital Strategies for Market Dominance (Harvard Business School Press, 1998).
- Alan C. Kay, “The Power of The Context: Remarks upon being awarded the Charles Stark Draper Prize of the National Academy of Engineering” VPRI Memo M-2004-001, February 24, 2004.
- Alan C. Kay, “The Center of “Why?: 2004 Kyoto Prize Commemorative Lecture,” VPRI Memo M-2004-002, adapted from the oral presentation Nov. 11, 2004.
- Alan C. Kay, “The Real Computer Revolution Hasn’t Happened Yet,” VPRI Memo M-2007-007a, June 15, 2007.
- Janey Place et al., Engaging Privacy and Information Technology in a Digital Age (National Academies Press, 2007)
- Thomas J. Waite, Allan L. Cohen and Robert Buday, “Marketing Breakthrough Products,” Harvard Business Review, November 1999.